Some of my visitors may have noticed that Google claims my site is not secure. This popped up as an issue a couple weeks (months?) ago. In true techno-denial fashion, my regular M.O., I was ignoring it because I really didn’t know what it meant or what to do with it.
Yes. The foundation of my author platform had an issue and I was in denial. I just did a livestream over on my Patreon talking about how characters will do everything they can to avoid facing their problems, and so it’s our job to figure out what those problems are and force them to face them for the sake of LITERATURE. I was, of course, speaking from my own personal experience, as I am demonstrating here. Ahem. Anyway …
You will be happy to know that yesterday, my hosting provider, Network Solutions, called me up to inform me that I was not in compliance, and the very nice gentleman (who, by the way, turned out to be my “business consultant,” which I didn’t even know I had) I spoke to very patiently walked me through how to purchase the SSL certificates, and then how to follow the instructions to get them applied.
The result of this is twofold. First, visitors to this site should shortly see that the “not secure” label goes away, and Google no longer has a problem with it. I just did this, so it may take a moment, or a day, I don’t know. The second result is that I am going to take advantage of said business consultant to see what are some options for publicizing and marketing my site. Originally, this platform was a place to collect information about my writing, and for me to put thoughts out into the world. Now that I’m moving into Patreon, and coaching, etc., I would like to start spreading the word about that part of my business.
Anyway, it’s about time for me to go play on my new toy that my spouse got me for my birthday. It’s an AlphaSmart 3000, basically a glorified typewriter. I’m excited to see how it works in helping me get words on pages. I’ll let you know!